Sign up now for the Environmental Compliance Conference
From: Roger Walker, RA Walker and Associates
I want to share with you information about an exciting new regional environmental event: first annual “Mid-America Environmental Compliance Conference” (MECC). Of course, I may be biased since I am helping to put this together, but I hope you will join us for this information-packed, regional event in the Kansas City area (close to Region 7 HQ) specifically designed for regulated entities and service providers charged with the important task of environmental compliance.
See for yourself. Download the agenda here.
This is a truly regional event. The MECC is being hosted by the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce with the assistance and participation ofRegion VII EPA; Missouri DNR; Kansas Department of Health and Environment; Iowa DNR; and Nebraska DEQ. The MECC has also partnered withAssociated Industries of Missouri; Iowa Association of Business and Industry; Nebraska Industrial Council for the Environment; the University of Missouri Engineering and the University of Kansas Department of EHS.
The MECC takes a fresh, regional approach to the increasingly difficult task of environmental compliance, permitting, enforcement, and other critical issues that impact your facility, city or institution. The MECC is an affordable event that will:
· Provide an “insider” perspective on current and emerging compliance and enforcement issues
· Offer valuable, up-to-date information on rapidly-changing areas of law and regulation
· Deliver great speakers with unique insights and real world experience
· Create valuable networking opportunities
· Foster an adult conversation with federal, state and local regulators on key policy and regulatory issues
The MECC has three distinct themes:
1. New Staff Training. Recognizing a “graying” workforce, the MECC offers training and expert insights from seasoned experts to new staff [or] staff covering new areas.
2. Main Conference. Core event covers emerging issues in all media – sometimes in thoughtful panel discussions but often in Quick Updates from experts who quickly hone in on what you need to know.
3. Remediation Update (Kansas and Missouri only). New ASTM standards, vapor intrusion, risk related issues, new standards, and other changes.
Again, to review the Agenda [and] REGISTER click: here.
For more information, give me a call or shoot me an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally … if you like what you see … please forward to colleagues! This is the event’s first year so we could use help spreading the word.